How to get here
How to reach Bayreuth from Nuremberg Airport (Flughafen Nürnberg)
Buy a train ticket:
To get from your arrival gate to the metro station, please follow the signs at the airport or ask the staff at the airport.
Outside the airport, and at the top of the stairs to the metro station, you will find red, white or grey ticket machines, which will guide you through the process of buying a ticket in your preferred language.
You can buy a ticket straight from Nuremberg Airport to Bayreuth Central Station (Bayreuth Hbf). The ticket is usually about 12€.
Please note: This ticket also covers your journey on the metro/subway in Nuremberg.
Go to Nuremberg Central Station (Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof):
Take the metro/subway U2 (direction Röthenbach) and get off at the station called Hauptbahnhof (main station). The U2 runs every 10 minutes and takes about 13 minutes from the airport to the main station.
Take the train to Bayreuth:
1. Follow the signs from the U-Bahn to the main train station. You can follow the red ‘DB’ (Deutsche Bahn) logo. In the main hall of the station, there is a big departure board, where you can see the up-to-date times and platforms of upcoming train departures.
Look for a train going to Bayreuth, and head to the right platform.
2. If you are not sure where to go, there is also an information point near the departure board, where the staff speak English and will be happy to help
3. To find out train times and connections in advance, please go to: https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml
- Enter the following details: From: Nürnberg Hbf / To: Bayreuth Hbf / Date & Time of requested departure.
- Usually trains from Nuremberg to Bayreuth run roughly every 30 minutes: hh:05 and hh:38. It usually takes approximately 1 hour to reach Bayreuth.
Attention: Often, the train from Nuremberg to Bayreuth is separated in Pegnitz, where one half of the train will return to Nuremberg. Considering this, please make sure that you are in the right carriage! A display outside and inside the train will indicate the right direction Bayreuth Hbf. If you’re still unsure, please don’t hesitate to ask the staff or other travellers.
You can download the travel direction here.
Have a good trip! Safari njema!