Karte / ramani / map
How to reach Bayreuth from Nuremberg Airport
- Go to the main station in Nuremberg (Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof)
- Therefore you have to take the metro/subway U2 (direction Röthenbach) and get off at the station called Hauptbahnhof (main station). The U2 is running every 10 Minutes and takes about 13 Minutes from the Airport to the main station.
- To get from your arrival gate to the metro station, please consider the signs at the airport or ask the staff at the airport.
- How to get a ticket? At the metro station, you will find red, white or grey ticket machines, which will guide you through the process of buying the ticket in your preferred language. Usually the ticket is about 3€.
- If you reached the main station, you have to know on which platform and at what time the trains to Bayreuth depart. For further information, please check the following webpage:
- Please enter here: From: Nürnberg Hbf / To: Bayreuth Hbf / Date & Time of requested departure
- You can also check your connection (or possible changes as delay, change of platform) on the big display you will find in the main hall of the main station (similar to the one you know from the airport)
- Usually the trains from Nuremberg to Bayreuth are running every 30 minutes: hh: 05 or hh: 38 o’clock. It will take approximately 1 hour to reach Bayreuth.
- How to get a ticket? In the station, you will find red ticket machines, which will guide you through the process of buying the ticket in your preferred language. Usually the ticket is about 12€.
- Attention: Most often, the carriage will be separated in Pegnitz, where one of them will return to Nuremberg. Considering this, please make sure that you are in the right carriage! A display outside and inside the train will indicate the right direction Bayreuth Hbf. In case you still feel unsure, please ask the staff or other travellers.
You can download the travel instruction here
Have a good trip! Safari njema!